Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Night!

So, I'm sitting in Starbucks on Euclid Ave. right across from PlayhouseSquare and I'm enjoying an ICED latte. Yay for warmer weather! There's been an eclectic mix of music in here since I sat down. Most of it is stuff I've never heard before but some of it I quite like...you know, the typical, really great indie music you hear at Starbucks. Plus, there was a little Talking Heads thrown in, which brought back childhood memories of MTV.

Tonight is the last tech rehearsal before opening night of my cabaret! I'm feeling a lot of things. Excited, confident, hopeful, nervous, stressed, like I could almost pee my pants! All at the same time! It still feels a little bit unreal to me. I'm debuting my very own solo cabaret in Cleveland, in my old hometown among family and friends, at the second largest performing arts complex outside of Lincoln Center!

I remember when I was about to step onstage at Carnegie Hall to sing with my church choir two years ago. I said to myself, "You may never have this opportunity again. So, don't be nervous. Just go out there and sing like you belong here!" I'm hoping to accomplish the same thing tomorrow night. On a smaller stage in an intimate cabaret venue, as Lora likes to say, "in the basement of PlayhouseSquare." Still, at PlayhouseSquare nonetheless, and performing my own show...something that started out as just an idea and grew into this tremendous opportunity for me. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to just sing like I belong here.

No comments: