Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Tech

Well, my first tech rehearsal for Sole Mates is behind me! We rehearsed in Kennedy's last night with lighting, sound and the band. I even rehearsed in costume but no makeup.

I can now breathe a big sigh of relief! It went very well! I felt a little rough or awkward in a couple places, mostly in a physical way. (Should I sit or stand at this point? What do I do with my hands? Am I too still? Too animated? That kind of thing...) It took me a little while to get my bearings in the actual space. However, musically I felt very good about it. My singing felt effortless. (Thanks Sally!!!!) I wasn't freaked out by hearing myself in the monitor. The band gave the music a new energy, which in turn pumped up my energy level. There were a couple minor places where we stopped to fix things, but overall YAY! I really feel that the show will be ready for its big debut this Friday!

Now I just have to figure out how to perfect my hair and makeup!

No comments: