Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where can a girl watch an Indians game in New York?

That is the question of the day. If I don't find a solution, it is going to be a long six weeks. Most of the games are broadcast on a cable channel called STO (Sports Time Ohio), obviously not a channel that can be accessed from my cousin's Manhattan apartment. I could pay MLB.com a somewhat crazy sum of money to watch the games on my laptop, but where's the fun in that? My cousin's roomate assured me there had to be someplace in New York where I could go to watch the games...some bar owned by a former Clevelander or whatnot. She says you can find just about anything in New York. I'm inclined to think that is probably true. Jeremy and I have a friend who works for the Cleveland Indians, and he was supposed to be asking around the organization to find out if there was a Cleveland fan-friendly place to go. However, I have not heard back from him. I'm sure it has been a busy spring for him. All Jacob's Field references at the ballpark had to be replaced with new Progressive Field logos, etc. before the all-star break this year, and it is pretty much our friend's responsibility to make that happen. (Don't even get me started...it will always be "The Jake" to me!) Perhaps I just need to bug him again before I leave for the Big Apple. I'd much rather watch a couple ball games in a bar, around other people, eating greasy food and wearing my Indians gear than all alone on my little Dell laptop. Not the most exciting way to cheer on my favorites...Grady Sizemore, Victor Martinez & Casey Blake.

At any rate, the Indians beat the Texas Rangers last night 13-9. It was a nice change, compared to how they have been playing lately (offensively anyway.) Casey Blake was on FIRE last night! Seven RBIs in three at bats...two of them 2-run homers! It was a thing of beauty!

1 comment:

Megan DePetro said...

I'll be right there with you girl!! I'm totally one of Grady's Ladies!! Let me know what you find out!