Monday, June 2, 2008

Crocs and the City

So, the very first time I saw Crocs in the store, in all their splendor and variety of colors, I thought to myself, "What cute gardening shoes!" When I saw people actually wearing them out and about, I thought, "Wait a minute." Now, I'm not one to judge. Live and let live. They're obviously comfortable shoes, practical, and the multitude of colors allow for individuality, expression, etc. However, being the shoe lover (and admitted girly girl) that I am, I swore there would never be a place in my shoe closet for a pair of Crocs. Then...I saw a pair that caught my eye. I was in Macy's, and there they were. Little silver Crocs in a different style than the ever-popular clog. They were more like a cross between a ballet flat and a slingback. Round toe. Smaller, fitted to the foot, less bulky silhouette. They were (dare I say it) very cute! I tried them on, and I was sold. (Well, not immediately. They didn't have the silver color in my size, so I had to go home and order them online.) A cute AND comfortable shoe is going to come in handy in the coming weeks.

Which brings me to my next topic. I am heading off to New York City for six weeks this summer. I have not been in an acting class since college. I've attended some workshops here and there. I've studied voice-over technique, the art of cabaret, but I have not been in an intense, risk-taking, dig in and get dirty acting class for a while. I decided it was time for a challenge. So, I am taking part in the six-week summer intensive at the William Esper Studio. I will be in classes 5 days a week, acting, movement, voice & speech. I am also looking to take some dance classes while I am in the city. (Might as well make the most of my summer in the Big Apple!) I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It will be an experience...and an adventure...and it will be nice to schlep around Manhattan in my new comfy (and adorable) Crocs. Who knew?

BTW...lest those of you who know me well start to worry. I will also be taking one or two pairs of my less practical, but incredibly fabulous shoes!

No comments: