Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend with Jeremy



After an invigorating acting class on Friday, I went back to the apartment to wait for Jeremy to arrive for the weekend. It was really great to see him! He travels a lot for work, so being apart for a couple weeks at a time is nothing new for us...still, I had missed him.

(More about the acting class later...I am hoping to write more about it after today's class.)

On Friday night, Jeremy and I took the subway to Coney Island. We ate hot dogs at Nathan's, rode the Cyclone, wandered around, and sat on the beach to watch the Friday night fireworks. We even took a few pictures of the display, since our camera has a special "fireworks" setting. How crazy is that?



On Saturday, we had lunch at one of my new favorite pizza places and dinner at one of my new favorite Mexican restaurants. We headed to the Esper Studio in the afternoon, because my acting partner wanted to get the chance to meet him in between his Saturday classes. That evening, we went to the movie theater to see Sex and the City. He had not had a chance to see the movie yet. While he will freely admit to watching and enjoying the show on HBO during his pre girlfriend/wife days, the idea of going to see that movie alone in a Cleveland theater while I was out of town was a little out of his comfort zone. I had seen the film once before. I cried even more the second time around...not just for the emotional impact, but also for the gorgeous blue satin Manolo Blahnik pumps! Heartbreaking!

Sunday was a lazy day. We wandered around Little Italy and then went to visit Central Park, before he needed to make his way to the airport. I took him to the Central Park Reservoir, so he could see my favorite place to jog/take a walk.

Now, Jeremy is back home with Cosmo & Harley. Hopefully, Harley didn't punish him too much for going away and not bringing me back home with him.



No comments: