Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love Tap Class!!!

So, I have been going to a tap class on Sunday mornings at Broadway Dance Center. It is a basic tap class at 9:30 in the morning, and it is taught by a woman named Shea Sullivan. Tap is a little overwhelming to me, because I have had very little exposure to it. In college, I had to take a Tap & Jazz class that really just touched on the tap part, and that was quite a while ago. (Hence, me starting at square one with the basic class...) At first, I felt like a fish out of water, but I kept at it. It has been fun. This morning's class was especially exhilarating. Things were starting to click for me, and even though I was still messing a few things up, I was having a BLAST! I will really miss it.

I have befriended a couple of the class regulars, and I told them this morning that next Sunday will be my last class, as I will be heading back to Cleveland the first of August. One lady was very sad to hear about me leaving. "But you and your husband are thinking about moving to New York, right?" I told her that the idea was on the table, but I had to go home for now, and we had to get a few ducks in a row to make the move happen. "No," she exclaimed, "Just start looking for an apartment. The rest will take care of itself." Oh, if only it were that easy! She tickled me though, and I will be sorry to leave that class...just as I was starting to catch on to tap dancing.

After tap class, I took the longer walk to Grand Central Station to get on the 6, rather than taking the 2 or 3 uptown from Times Square or taking the S from Times Square over to Grand Central. I called my dad, and we chatted during my walk. He was a little feisty about the Cleveland Indians. He was complaining about some of the decisions Indians Manager, Eric Wedge, was making of late. Long story short, Dad disagreed with Wedge's handling of Asdrubal Cabrera versus David Dellucci versus Jhonny Peralta. (I won't go into all the details.)

Overall, I like Eric Wedge. I may not agree with all of his decisions, but I think he is a good manager. Whereas, my father gets a little hot under the collar. We have an amazing season last year, followed by a not-so-good season this year, and Dad is ready to call out the lynch mob. At one point, he said that there should be a television game show called "Are You Smarter than Eric Wedge?" He said if there was such a game show, he could go on, and he would win. That made me giggle.

But, could my dad win on "Are You smarter than a 5th Grader?" I've seen that show once or twice...it's pretty tough.

1 comment:

Karen McLaughlin said...

We have Eric Wedge issues here too. As usual, our McLaughlin men take the same stand.....it's the "coaches" fault when we lose....and we don't like to lose....while the McLaughlin women look on and.....giggle!! :-) I've enjoyed your blog and look forward to your updates. Take care!!