Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tomorrow is Opening Day!

...for Cleveland Indians baseball, that is.

As much as I love living in New York, I can't help but feel just a little bit sad that I won't be in downtown Cleveland for the Tribe's home opener.  It's times like these I wish that Star Trek technology really existed.  If it did, I could "beam" myself to Cleveland just long enough to enjoy the pre-game festivities at the ballpark, watch the game and then "beam myself back home to the Big Apple.  Of course, sometime around the 4th or 5th inning I would be cursing the cold and clinging to my third cup of hot chocolate.  A ballgame in Cleveland in early April is much more of a winter experience than a spring one. 



Okay, so there is not always snow on the field, but it is quite often ridiculously cold.  Still, I love my hometown team and would love to be there tomorrow.  Instead, I will be watching the game in my Harlem apartment...gotta love MLBTV and Roku!

Go Tribe!

BTW, the photo is from Opening Day 2007.  That was some CRAZY winter weather for a baseball game!

No comments: